HG IBO 1/144 Gundam Vual Review

The jet-black sinister Gundam that overwhelmed the Astaroth... is now in HG! Truth be told, I've been waiting for this kit since last year, after I bought the Astaroth Origin and learned more about it. There isn't really anything new here, save for the kneecaps, head, left arm and shoulder, the weapons and the shields. Yes, almost everything you see in Vual is INDEED parts from the Astaroth Origin itself.


Man... look at that menacing face!

I've actually had this kit standing stoic in my shelf for a while now, and the review is up just now on my blog because I've slacked off too much. Anyway, let's get to the review.


This kit comes with 5 runners, a polycap, and a sticker sheet. There are only 2 new runners here, the rest of them are Astaroth Origin's.


Front&Rear View



As you can see, Vual's overall figure is half chunky half skimpy. And the left arm's just naked. The only thing that makes it stands out is the evil face design, implemented with red stickers. With the mask thingy on its face, it gives the Vual that four-eyed look. 

The jet black and lavender purple (is it?) may not work for some people. I basically never cared about the color scheme.


Articulations

I don't usually do articulations for Gundam Frames anymore, but I'll do it this time as a refresher. Also there's a new articulation present.













While the Astaroth Origin leg is having obstructions in bending, this skimpy leg has a really nice bend as if it's just a naked frame. Well, probably because it's damn skimpy that is.


Weapons&Accessories


The weapons you get with Vual are all very IBO.  




First is the Mining Hammer, which is so IBO in design. I've been hearing from other reviewers in YouTube about the loose polycap on the right... in fact it's not all that loose, but if you play with it for too long it'll get loose.



You also get this piece used to store the hammer on the waist. I found this contraption to be odd, placing a weapon with a clearly long handle on the waist.




Next up we have the Glaive, which is basically a goofy ass naginata. It's just a single piece, cut it off from the runner and there you have it.


If you buy this kit, you won't get just a shield... you get TWO shields!!!


This is the spiked shield, with a notoriously large sticker sheet. Made so possible thanks to Astaroth Origin's shoulder armor. Looks like you could ram some poeple with this shield.


This is the round shield, or as I'd like to call it the Spartan shield. Give it a spear, paint it red and gold, then you can have Pyrrha Nikos from RWBY out of this kit... if you swap the chunky leg with another skimpy leg.


And you get this cable shit which doesn't do anything on Vual, because you're supposed to use it with Astaroth Origin's sledgehammer.


Again, I'm sorry for skipping the action shots because I didn't get any idea for cool poses with Vual. And yes, the right polycap is getting loose on mine as well.


Verdict


I can't really say much about this sickly asymettrical Gundam. The only thing I always liked about this kit is the evil face and the fact it has two shields. If you could, I'd suggest you get two of these and make them symmetrical.

And if you wanna buy this.... forget it. Just forget it. Get an Astaroth Origin instead... but if you insist on buying one, go ahead. I won't stop you.

I think that's pretty much it for the review of Gundam Vual. As always, see you next time.


-Fin

Comments

Popular Posts