HGBF 1/144 Amazing Strike Freedom Gundam Review

Wow. I'm so amaze. Never thought I'd review another HGBF this time around, especially the one based off of Strike Freedom, which was a really difficult platform to make a build custom on. This kit is also a refresher for me, since I've already overdosed on building IBO kits.

But being the Meijin Kawaguchi he was, nothing is impossible. And now lets see if this kit truly lives up to its name....


Moving on to what you get inside the box. Since this kit is directly based off of the HGCE Strike Freedom, you'll notice familiar runners if you've built one. I do own one for a long while personally, but never had the chance to review it.



You get 12 runners, a polycap set, foil stickers, and the AMSFG sticker. 12 runners is a lot for a HGBF, but Miss Sazabi has even more runners.


Front View


Instead of having a gold frame, Amazing SF has a metallic red frame, which I really had come to a liking. Not to mention bell flower is used instead of blue here. Also, unlike its base Gundam, this guy can actually stand, whereas its base Gundam cannot.


Rear View


The backpack design is something I don't like when I first saw it, but once I've assembled it I changed my mind. Darn, the incorporated gimmicks are really awesome!


Without the backpack, the overall kit looked like Denial Gundam, but shorter. It's been 2 years already but I still remember back then Denial towers every single gunpla in my shelf. But now it's ruined... no matter. I'll go get my hands on the Schwarz Ritter later.


Articulations


Head can look up and down pretty good since the head is on a double joint. Not a polycap.


360 is nowhere near possible thanks to the collar, but you still get a decent swivel.


It can tilt side to side like so.


Arms are on a double joint and has great articulation. The hands are on your standard ball joints as all HGs should.


Bicep swivel is also possible.


The torso can go up really far,


And goes down slightly farther.


The amazing ab crunch is thanks to its unique build that incorporates its upper polycap ball joint inside the torso's front portion.


Arms can also swing out, but somehow they aren't willing to work with me.


Side skirts can swing out but cannot rotate sideways.


However they can be stowed to the back to clear the waist space, originally used to store the dual beam rifles.


Front skirts is a single piece but you can always clip them off to allow individual movements.


Much like its HGCE counterpart it has a movable back skirt, something we won't always see in gunpla.


Beautiful leg spread.


Foot can go out that far...


... and go back that far.


Legs are on double joints allowing for superb articulation.


The toe can only move down, sadly.


Ankles are on your typical ball joints.


These flaps can also move as well, much like its HGCE counterpart.


Weapons, Gimmicks, and Accessories

AMSFG didn't really come with much weaponry. But being Meijin Kawaguchi's gunpla that it was, everything is mounted in the suit itself. Put simply you don't even have to remove its DRAGOON Pods to display it.


It only comes with the beam rifle, a pair of open hands I've been using throughout the review, and a pair of holding hands.


The rifle itself is really dumb, considering how wide it is with the DRAGOON Pods attached. Agree? But remove them pods and you'll have a nice sleek rifle similiar to Delta Gundam's.


The Amazing Backpack


The backpack reminds me of Gundam Bael a lot, because it's chock-full of articulations.


Here is the beam cannons. They're connected via mechanical arms that moves up and down. Double joints, one at the rifle base and the other's in the backpack.


This part moves freely thanks to the ball joint.


Basically the binders move freely as you please because there'a a lot of joints coming in play here.


Not to mention the pod holders can also swing out like so. Like a familiar pair of giant cutting nippers I used to like back then.


You can also remove the red pieces on each forearms to put the binders there as shields.


Although I'd still prefer the beam shields...



You also get beam sabers... handles only. They didn't come with beam effects so I won't bother.


Action



Forgot to mention those waist railguns also counts as a gimmick weapon.


Dual beam rifles taken from its HGCE counterpart


See? No beam effects!



Quick comparison with the original Strike Freedom Gundam. I won't bother reviewing that though... it's already amazing.


Pros:

-Full of gimmicks
-Red frame's better than gold
-A whole new look for Strike Freedom

Cons:

-The rifle's just dumb in pod placements
-Love or hate design


Verdict

All in all, this kit is great in gimmicks, and truly lives up to its name. Although the backpack may get in the way sometimes. Then again it may be just me. For some people though, this kit may not be as amazing as it would be.

If you wanna pick this up, you'd better think twice. I'd rather pick Atlas Gundam instead of this, but it's out of stock when I visited the store. No, this kit isn't for everyone I guess. Between this and Atlas, I could root for Atlas better.


Anyways, that's it for the review of the Amazing Strike Freedom Gundam. And as always, see you next time.


-Fin




Comments

Popular Posts