HG IBO 1/144 Gundam Vidar Review

Vengeance is in the horizon. It is coming....


If you see her along the review, don't mind her. Yep, I do have Fumina's Figure-rise Bust. She's my favorite character back in GBFT, alongside Shia. This time we'll be checking the vengeful Gundam Vidar up there.


Put simply, Vidar and his Gundam Vidar is named after the Norse god of vengeance, which is why I said that in the beginning, and after Flauros' review. Nah no, Vidar is actually our good ol' friend Gali Gali Gaelio in disguise after McGillis 'killed' him in the first season.

The colors are less darker for a vengeful Gundam that's for sure. It's blue tone is still too bright. The black colors are great already.

The thrusters on the legs are missing their colors, they're supposed to be red. Well, there's always masking and painting.

Front View


The proportions are great. Not a big fan for the knees though. Oh yeah, I'm planning to customize this soon after I finished the plans.


Rear View


Damn its blurred!! And seriously man? Three Ahab Reactors?? On a Gundam Frame two is already enough!


Articulations

Vidar has the standard articulations of a Gundam Frame, but what makes it different is that the legs can go forward further.



Head can do a full 360. It can also look up and down, sadly I forgot to take pictures for them.


The pieces on each shoulders can also move to allow for extended arm articulations. And that's as far as the arms would swing out.


Unfortunately, due to the backpack's weird design the shoulders would get caught in the verniers and ends up preventing a full 360 rotation. Elbows have the usual Gundam Frame elbow articulation and hands are on average ball joints.


Legs can do a full split. Side skirts has standard articulations, but they would always end up impacting the backpack verniers.


As usual knees are on a double joint, and that thruster doesn't hinder it at all. Brilliant design. Feet can move that far and cannot move forward. It can also turn at the swivel joint.


Weapons&Accessories

Vidar comes with simple yet effective weapons.



There's his rifle, burst saber, and two handguns. Included is also the angled hands for posing with the saber.


Here I can explain about the side skirts. They are actually spare saber containers for the burst saber because it has detachable blades. This is really going to be like Shingeki no Kyojin.


Next up we have the rifle that goes to each side skirts like that. There are 3 slots for the rifle to go to, but I recommend using the right slot. If you use the top, that handle-like thing will hit the torso and block arm articulations.


This is a really nice rifle model here! The foil sticker reflects the light as well, and we don't always see rifles like this too often.


All of Vidar's weapons slides straight into the hands. This is how he looks while holding the rifle.


Equipped with the handguns.


The only issue with the handguns is they're too thin. Even so, they're my favorite weapon out of the whole.


This is the hunter's edge, a set of blades concealed in each feet. The front blade still allows the Gundam to stand fine but the back blade requires an action base to display. Nice addition for a surprise attack while engaging enemies.

Action!





Gyanko: W-who are you?!

Vidar: Is my name important to you?





Vidar: Get me closer, I must kill McGillis with my hands!!

Shino: I didn't sign up for this you masked weirdo!!



Verdict

Vidar is actually a nice Gundam to have in your shelf. But the lack of color... was inevitable, and some articulations are blocked by the backpack. I always have a feeling that Vidar is an incomplete model...

Get it or not? It's all up to you. But I'd say get it because it has a nice proportion. I don't regret buying this because I already have plans to customize this guy before I actually got my hands on it.

This concludes the review of Gundam Vidar, see you next time.

-Fin

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts