HGBF 1/144 Gyancelot Review

Huh? Gyancelot?


Since when do I own one? Nah, you'd be an idiot if you believe it. I'm gonna use my Gashat magic to level up this Gyan!!

DAI HENSHIN!!!!!!



GACCHAN!! LEVEL UP!!!!! TADDLE MEGURU TADDLE MEGURU TADDLE QUESTOOO!!!!!

There you go, Gyanko's Gyancelot!


What? Wrong Gashat? Fine. If you wonder why I'd use Taddle Quest's Level 2 jingle, that's because Kamen Rider Brave who used that Gashat is a knight-themed Kamen Rider. Gyancelot is a knight-themed mobile suit, and it makes the jingle suit perfectly. At least for me.


Front&Rear View




All those gold accents you see on the Gyancelot are foil stickers. The spear itself uses the same gold-ish color as the Hyaku-Shiki Revive uses. The only issue this kit has is its problem to stand on its own... at least on mine.


Accesories


Gyancelot comes with a spear, the beam saber and shield from the original Gyan, alternate spear that is open, a right hand with a swivel gimmick, and three clear parts which I'll show them where they go in a moment.



This is the spear with the alternate tip. Looking closer, it resembles a Zeon symbol. Kind of.


And since this is just a Gyan... it comes with the parts for you to make a Gyan Revive put of the Gyancelot. The feet requires you to remove the snapped parts... but the rest of them goes just fine. I'd say this kit is really worth it for IDR 260k. A normal Gyan Revive costs 160k. In essence, the 100k extra is for the Gyancelot's own parts and the clear parts.


The swivel hand attached. Reminds me of the 1/100 Full Mechanics Gundam Vidar. The said kit itself is released long after Gyancelot's release. With it, you can have many poses with the Gyancelot.


The shield has a neat gimmick where it can slide up and move forward.



Like so.


This is how the Gyancelot looks like with the effect parts attached. Now the head looks like a rooster's head. The capes look cool though.



And there she is, towering over Barbatos Lupus' height. Imagine when Mika plays gunpla battle and he meets Gyanko in person.


And here she is side to side with Shia Quanta. Who will you choose as your waifu then?

Articulations




The head can look up pretty far. Downward movement is... good.


A 360 isn't possible due to the head design. But if you use the original Gyan head, it's possible.



The arm can only go outside this far thanks to the large shoulder armor. But, if you remove the armor...


... It has increased articulation. Basically, the original Gyan wins this part.


The elbows have a great range of movement. Forgot to mention the arms cannot have a full 360 turn due to the backpack's hindrance. Remove it and you have a full 360 spin. Bicep rotations are also there.




The waist can move up and down. A full 360 turn for the waist is possible as well.


Leg articulations? Great. It's on a universal joint.


Knees are on double joints. And the toes have movements as well!

Backpack articulation. The tube thing can move up and down, as well as the beam cape emitters. They can also turn.


My Opinion

Gyancelot is a good kit to get if you are a Build Fighters fan. I personally loved both the Gyancelot and its pilot Gyanko. She's one of my favorite character in Gundam Build Fighters Try, because of her personality and unique hairpin modeled after Gyan's shields. It's greatly articulated except for the head.

But, in terms of weaponry, I still stick to R-Gyagya. It's only that I never get the chance to buy and review it in the past.



Instead of the normal action shots, I got a gunpla comic to present to you readers. Featuring a guest star... the final form of my Gundam Astaroth Deviance!!

For those of you who don't know, Gyanko, or Kaoruko Sazaki, uses the Gyancelot. Kijima Shia uses the Gundam 00 Shia Quanta. Just saying.

Since Argi Mirage is Gundam Astaroth Origin's pilot, and the said Gundam's already customized... let's just say that I used it. Think of it as a fanfic.

Also, I'll go by the name Gale for the gunpla comics if I will make more.


Gyanko: He's mine!

Shia: No, he's mine. Stay away from him.

Gyanko: Of course he'll choose a noble like me, instead of you!

Shia: He loves smol and cute girls like me.. and I heard he likes girls with silver hairs.


*BWOOOSH!!*

Shia: HE'S MINE!!!

GYANKO: MINE!!!


*CLANK!*

Gyanko: Shield!!

Shia: Your shield won't help, you shield maniac!

Gyanko: Hey, who are you calling a shield maniac?? This shield is passed down to me by big bro Susumu!!

Shia: Whatever you say... -_-


*SHHIING*

Le suddenly...

???: HEY GIRLS!!!!



Gyanko: Huh?


Shia: Wait, isn't he-



Gale: You girls mind if I join the fun??


Gyanko: Is that who we think he is??


*SPIN* *CLACK!*


Gale: Asobo ze!!! (Let's play!!!)



*insert gunfire and bullet impact sfx here*

Shia: From that range??

Gyanko: Are those 200mm guns?? I thought that Gundam used beam weapons!!

Shia: I don't think that kind of Gundam will ever use a beam weapon...



Gyanko: Phew... that's really a relief my Gyancelot survived..


Gale: SURPRISE MADAFAKA!!!

Gyanko: Nani?!! (What?!!) S-so quick!!


*SWOOOSH*

Gale: Nice dodge...


*CLINK!!*

Gyanko: So you must be Gale...

Gale: Yeah, and if I am??


Shia: Great, he's distracted! If only I can get him at this moment...

Gyanko: My Gyancelot is way superior than yours!

Gale: Sorry, but my Gundam uses 2 Ahab Reactors, and is a true Great Duke of Hell! And its got high mobility as well!

Gyanko: Say what?!


Gale: !!!


*GA-CHINK!!*

(Yeah, I incorporated the booster tail into the rear waist instead. Makes it look like a coat tail, and has movements. Man, reminds me of Ahead Smultron a lot... good memories.)


*WHOOOOSH*

Gyanko: Eeehh?! Did the tail booster just spun? No way!


Shia: HYAAAAAH!!

Gyanko: Sweet mother of--


*SLASH*

Gyanko: Oof!!

Shia: Huh?? I missed!!


*CLICK CLACK*

Shia: ..... Uh oh.


Gale: Game Over.

*BANG BANG BANG BANG* *BOOOM!!*

*KAISHIN NO IPPATSU!!*


Gale: Heh... booring!! Give me a bit of a challenge next time!!


And that's it for the review and comic! I might make a sequel out of it...

I hope you guys enjoyed the comic, although both characters except Gale seems OOC (out of character) in this shot. See you next time.

-Fin

Comments

Popular Posts