Motoko Kusanagi S.A.C. Ver. Figma Review


Never watched Ghost in the Shell, but fell in love with this figure. What the hell I'm thinking. Anyways welcome to the second figma review in this blog, and we'll be taking a look at Motoko Kusanagi, S.A.C. version. Or, Stand Alone Complex if you're so inclined.


Front&Rear View



The sculpt on this figure matches Motoko's in-anime proportions, especially that kinda emotionless face, this figma really catches its feels. One thing to point here is her jacket is made out of a glossy plastic, contrasting to the rest of the matte finish. Perhaps it's a leather jacket.


Comparison w/Rin 2.0


As you can see, Motoko had a pair of thick legs compared to Rin's slender legs. Height wise, they're the same, if Rin's not a tad taller than Motoko.


Articulations


Head can look down decently.


Due to how her jacket's collar is designed, Motoko's head can't look up. At all. Then again, no matter.


Arms can swing out that far and elbows had 90 degrees of movement. Her wrists are the usual figma joints, for newer figmas starting from Mikasa Ackerman I guess. Of course they can do a full 360 turn on each shoulder joints.


For ab crunches, she has two joints on the chest and waist-they can move individually.



Whoa. That's one heck of a back arching there. Maybe the Matrix bullet dodging shouldn'd be hard with her.


The waist can swivel around to make some sexy poses if you wish. Like I told you earlier, the chest can also swivel individually.


Legs can move front and back that far.


A beautiful split.


Knees can move 90 degrees, her feet can move out that far and moving them back is hindered by something. A toe movement is also present.


Accessories


Motoko comes packed with the usual figma stand which I've already shown you, a set of hands (closed fists which I've been using for the photo session above, expressive hands, a pair of angled hands to hold stuff, a hand for holding the assault rifle, a left hand for the pistol, and another one I dunno what for), her pistol with the dedicated hand part attached, her assault rifle, 2 faceplates, another hairpiece, an extra wrist joint, and-


What. The heck. Is this.


Here is Motoko with her pistol equipped.


This is her assault rifle, which roughly looks like an F2000. The details here are damn amazing, but seriously? No magazines? And I don't think that model would benefit in comfort with a slanted rifle handle.


The rifle is short, actually. The silencer can be taken off if you wish to. But place it somewhere safe, as the silencer is small.


Here's how she looks with the assault rifle. Pretty badass, I should say. But the problem here is that rifle easily pops out from her hand when posing, especially in a pose where Motoko holds the rifle with two hands. It's just so damn annoying.


The other hairpiece is made to look like it's blown by the wind for an added dynamic-ness.


Turned the blitz on my phone camera off so I can show you Motoko's angry face.


And a smiling face. That's surprisingly charming...


And with this extra pair of boobs. Look closer and you can see that the one Motoko had is a cleaved cleavage, while the one on my finger is enclosed together. Again, for dynamic purposes but serves for an added bit of forward articulation for the arms.


Here's the enclosed boobs attached on Motoko. When I learned this, I was like "what the hell, another set of boobs? As if one wasn't enough already!"


Action







Pros:

-T h i c c legs
-Accurate proportions
-Expressions really catches the character
-Noice a$$... (not)

Cons:

-Head can't look up
-Nice assault rifle... shame about the ergonomics (I tried to have Motoko handle it with two hands, but it popped off all the time when the left hand touched the foregrip)



Verdict


Before the verdict can start, I gotta show this little detail I forgot to show back then. If you lower Motoko's head down, you can see that there's an actual cord plug printed on her nape. Hmm... could that be some sort of a neural cord?


Now to the verdicts. I'm not a Ghost in the Shell fan myself, but this character had really captivated me. For a figma, she had thick legs. Wow. And a sexy one at that... especially with individual movements for the chest and waist, you gan give the impression that Motoko is swaying her hips while walking.

What I'm saying is, Motoko is a nice figma to have on your shelf, especially if you're a hardcore fan of the series. For me, I think it'll be nice to have a figma with guns among my Gundams..


And onto the final question, do you want her in your collection? That's up to you... to buy or not to buy. No figmas were for beginners-you gotta pick your favorite figma character and buy it.


I think that's pretty much it for this review, and as always, I'll see you next time.


-Fin

Comments

Popular Posts