HG IBO 1/144 Gundam Gusion Rebake Full City: Review&Thoughts


The halberd used at the picture above is NOT included with the model kit. It came from the MS Option Set 3.


Okay, back to another review after a long time not doing any. This time, I'll be reviewing Akihiro Altland's Gundam Frame, Gusion Rebake Full City. What a long name, who gave the Rebake that name anyway?



The only major issue this guy had is the large amount of foil stickers given. Seriously, its full shitty.


The kit itself comes with 4 runners and 1 polycap runner. Barbatos Lupus not included obviously.


As for all Gundam Frames, they're basically the same frame, same thing. I don't need instructions to make a full frame because it became stuck in my brain. Same thing goes to Graze frames.


One of the examples of the shit foil stickers. Seriously, I can't even align the sensor stickers right!

And being the Gusion Rebake it was, the faceplate goes deep further inside instead of the normal faceplates. This is to accomodate the head's sniping mode where the antennas and sensor encloses, covering the face.



This is the head in sight mode. Now this has taken the full shitty for the head to the next level because most of the colors aren't parts, they're full of stickers instead.


However, unlike most Gundam Frame kits, this one doesn't have a separate shoulder nor the hinges where the shoulder armors usually go. Instead, they're a single part and for added realism that ball joint has to be painted.

This 'disease' is carried from the previous Gundam Gusion Rebake. Well, I don't own one, but I'm not surprised.



See those pictures? See those stickers on the forearm? They're another example of the shitty stickers! They gave me enough eyesore to suffer!

Man I wish those stickers were parts instead. Then again, this is why most HG IBO kits are really cheap. Cheaper than your standard 225k to 250k.


My phone battery nearly died and I have to recharge it, so I skipped most of the building process photoshoot.

Above is the finished Gundam excluding its backpack and rear armor. Included is also the comparison between Lupus and Full City. Yep, Lupus still towers over Full City. 


Yep, I bet Lafter's gonna love that macho man pose.


Front View


Rear View



Some of you guys might ask why did I put this guy on a base. The answer is simple: after I put on the backpack and rear armor, it'll become dramatically backheavy. Thus, ground poses are very tricky to pull for me


Armaments&Features

Gusion Rebake Full City doesn't come with many weapons. But, if you have the smoothbore gun from MS Option Set 1, or Kutan Type 3, you can definitely use them on the Full City. In fact, they seem to be Akihiro's favorite weapons.

Why? Akihiro loves guns. He loves the big guns. Probably.




First weapon is the knuckle guards. I do really like the concept of a Gundam Frame punching the daylight out of the enemy mobile suit. I never saw them being used when Akihiro with Gusion Rebake Full City continuously punched Galan Mossa's Geirail... or was it just me?

Maybe, when I review the Geirail, I'll add this Gundam back to fill in the photoshoot.


To attach the knuckle guards, you use this hand part with two slots. It'll fit the knuckle guards nicely.

I didn't take the photo, but the knuckle guards are concealed inside each forearm bulks when not in use.


And the two main attractions will be. Of course, first is the.... SUB ARMS! YEAH!!


Okay, nuff said. The sub-arms have a lighter profile compared to the predecessor's. And they fit inside that... thing perfectly. I dunno what the sub arms' concealing compartments are called.

The white colors on thr backpack are obviously stickers, and I messed that up very badly.



The sub-arms is the fun factor of this kit. They can hold all of the HG IBO weapons and you can equip all sorts of weapons there to suit your needs or style.

Above, I equipped the Full City with Lupus' sword mace, Man Rodi's hammer chopper, the cleaver, and the Rebake Halberd from MS Option Set 3.



Or, swap the head with sight mode and there you have it-four guns galore! They should be the long-range rifles, but sadly I don't have any. So I used the standard Graze machineguns instead.

And the last but not least is the scissor-variable rear armor. As its name implies, it's a 3-in-1 piece of equipment.



First configuration is the shield. Well, not really the first since its first configuration is the rear armor. I loved this part just because of its looks and gimmicks. Other than that, this weapon causes the Gundam to suffer from back heaviness.


And the shield itself is freaking heavy to hold, not to mention. On mine the shoulder tends to lower down when holding the shield like this.


Now the shield looks better when it is being held like this. However, the only issue is that the hand piece will always come off. At least on mine.


And it is also a giant scissors! Akihiro's favorite weapon, and my favorite as well, would be this. That white piece is a sticker. Again, messed up. But not for the black segments. They're stickers as well, but they do stick neatly.

The weapon used to scare a Dawn Horizon Corps pirate to death and nearly crush Galan Mossa in his Geirail. But I'm sure this thing has other uses as well, like trimming a bonsai and crush its twigs.



With the scissors, Gusion Rebake Full City truly looked badass. Well, if I was in the anime and used this Gundam, I'll first crush Iok Kujan the royal idiot. He has the highest level of being dumb. So dumb and stupid despite being a Seven Stars member and the Kujan family representative.


Pros:
-Bulk&boxy look
-Gimmicky scissor-variable rear armor
-Fully articulate sub arms

Cons

-Backheavy
-A lot of stickers


My Final Thoughts


Overall, Full City looks great. If not for the amount of stickers used.

It's just like what Norba Shino said in the anime, the new Gusion is looking pretty sharp. It is, and it will become sharper when painted.

I don't really hate this kit, it's just the stickers that gave me an eyesore. And for the back heaviness an action base is enough.

Before I bought this, I have a plan to make the Rebake into a heavily armed version of itself. But I lacked the weapons... and that's all for the review. See you in the next post.


-FIN



BUT WAIT!!!!


"I surrender! I surrender! For the love of God please let me go!! Mama!!"

"Your Mama's not gonna save you!!!"

Comments

  1. Funny how the last pic of your review forshadowed Iok's death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was replicating Galan Mossa's execution, back then I didn't even own the Geirail so yeah...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts