HG IBO 1/144 Custom WIP: Gundam Astaroth Origin (Plan Tentative)

"I am back... now feel the devil's judgment!"

And I hereby declare... I have returned from the dark dimension and returned to write this post.


About the Gundam itself, it's not from the Iron-Blooded Orphans anime (which has now reached season 2) but it came from the spin-off comic.

The original colors are red, maroon, and white. I painted the reds with signal red, black for the torso, backpack, face, shoulder thrusters, shin parts, and waist. The maroon reds are actually signal reds sprayed on originally maroon parts, like that front skirt....



Weapons wise, this Gundam is equipped with the Demolition Knife (as shown in the picture above this, and the shotgun. If you notice that expressive hand part, it came from IBA MS Option Set 5. I haven't painted it yet, its just there for looks.

The demolition knife came from the HG IBO 1/144 Gundam Astaroth. The amalgamation of various MS parts before its original form is restored.

The shotgun in its holster. The holster also holds its trademark Sledgehammer+Nanolaminate Sword.


Actually, the shotgun is just a temporary replacement weapon, while waiting for the MS Option set 7 to arrive in my local store, which is full of guns. And the railgun that was used by Iok the Royal Idiot's Reginlaze is what I'm aiming. Or the large railgun for Gundam Barbatos Lupus.


Concept
To create a Gundam Astaroth with balanced weaponry in terms of close combat and ranged combat, but still retains high mobility. However, due to the lack of proper equipment, the project is currently on hold.


Front View


The thrusters on the shoulders were taken from Graze. Yep, you get four of them per pack, so I took the leftover thrusters and painted them metallic steel with Mr. Hobby Acrysion.

Rear View




Face, close-up


As you can see.. the Gundam now has a demonic feel, from its black mask and red eyes. And if you see some paint flaws on the frame, its probably because I can't see well the part I'm painting. BTW, the frames are hand painted, with Mr. Hobby Acrysion Metallic Steel, close to gunmetal in color. I didn't paint the backpack's peg and left it with the standard grey because last time I tried to remove it, I broke the booster pack's lower part instead.

Its time for some ACTION!!!!!


 "New Recruit, Gundam Astaroth Origin, launching!!"

"Why the heck did you allow a rookie to pilot that Gundam?!"

"Sir he's a suitable candidate for us to gather combat data, so we can develop it with that data! Besides, this Gundam has no Alaya-Vijnana system!"











Here's how it compares to its predecessor.


You can see how different they are.


And here's a few shots of Astaroth fighting Gundam Barbatos Lupus. And no, this isn't canon.







Before I close, I gotta say I've painted the Gundam in September or October, and I painted the frames in November. Until now there are no suitable weapons aside Iok the Idiot's Reginlaze's railgun to fill the role of a balance-type fighter, like, say... Perfect Strike Gundam.

That's all for this post, see you in the next one.

-Fin

Comments

Popular Posts