Figma Reviews: Rin Tohsaka 2.0 (Fate Stay Night)

Keep in mind that I have never watched the Fate series. No, not even Kaleid, I'm not a lolicon and I'll never be. Although, Shia from GBFT and Krul Tepes from Owari no Seraph were my only exceptions...



Alright guys, welcome to this blog's first-ever figma review and today we'll be taking a look at the 2.0 version of Rin Tohsaka the tsundere mage. The revised version of its former figma version, whereas this has a pull-out shoulder joints and a new waist joint that can be pulled up or pressed down to allow for more articulation.

As you can see on the box, this is the F/SN version.

Front&Rear View




The proportions in this figma are accurate and faithful to the anime version. I never watched the anime but by looking at the images alone I could tell.

The hair flow itself is a nice sight, and works well for a wind-blown effect. And the clothes wrinkle makes her look more lively.



Height wise, she stands as tall as a standard HG 1/144 Gundams. And boy, she's nearly the same height as Lunagazer! Review coming soon.

Don't let her skirt fool you man. This figma's skirt are actually made out of 2 flaps, which are made of a softer plastic and can be bent for more posing range. Or for those of you who desire to seek her panties... jeez.


Articulations


Her twintails are on joints allowing you to move them freely.


 And a 360 is possible... this is really creepy.


Her head can look up pretty far, thanks to the jointed hair. The joint doesn't allow the hair to stay at a fixed position but allows her to move her head freely without her hair getting in the way.


And she can't look down too far.


Hands can swing out that far and bend about 90 degrees. Her hands can't move much due to how the sleeves are designed.


Her shoulders can slide up and down.


Tilt side to side at her waist.


And some nice back arching movement.


But Rin doesn't have much of an ab crunch.


A nice range of leg spread.


Legs can move out that far, knees bend slightly more than 90 degrees.


Feet can move up and down.


And they can swivel at the base.


Accessories



Rin comes with a ton of accessories, ranging from alternate hands, alternate expressions, a hairpiece with her glasses attached on it, an alternate left arm (that could became a right arm, maybe) with the sleeve rolled up, alternate pair of shoes, and a magic attack effect part. And as always you do get a figma stand, and a polybag to keep your parts safe. You can also write something on it, to label it so you can identify them easier.



Expressions wise, she had the default smiling face which you've seen already, the serious, shouting expression, and her tsundere face. I've to admit her tsundere-ness is really cute.


Hands wise, its your standard fare for figmas. I guess. You can see all of her right hands have the red mark... I dunno what that is but I feel like it had some sort of connection with having servants under your wing..


And with the grabby hands, Rin can hold other figma accessories as well, and with their flexibility, can also hold Gunpla weapons. But don't overexert it or the hands will flex. Then again Rin won't need the grabby hands that much... she's a mage after all.


As for her alternate left arm, I have no idea what is the tattoo covering it, given that I'm not a big fan of the Fate series and never watched them. (I've been too busy watching IBO, and in the past, I've been busy watching Danganronpa, Kill Me Baby, Angel Beats, Gundam 00, Gundam Unicorn, and GBFT) I have no idea what it is.. some sort of seal? If any of you knew what it is, please tell me in the comments.

(Again, commenting on blogs are limited to people with a Blogger account... as far as I know)


Unrelated but somehow related topic: I remember Rin's previous figma version (you know, Rin in her usual red dress) had a large spell tome that can be opened. Wish this version came with it, but knowing that this Rin is in her school uniform, that would be weird, right? A student taking notes in her spell tome is already weird... I can imagine the katakana and hiragana written will turn into either Sanskrit or Cybertronian languange.



And for her magic attack effect, it's a two piece part. You put the pointy effect on the circle's peg and there you have it. The effect part itself slides right into Rin's pointing hands. I believe this one is specifically meant for the left hand to be accurate.

As for her shoes... I've got a horrible nightmare for them. When I tried to switch her shoes, I broke the left foot joint and shattered it... lucky enough I've got another joint from an older figma. So, you guys better be wary if you want to change her shoes. As for me... I don't wanna repeat that nightmare again.

You also get a spare joint for the hands, in case you broke one. Kudos for that. Forgot to take the picture.


Verdict


For something that costs 800k, this figma's really worth it. All of the expressions included suits Rin's image very well and catches her anime expressions.

The amount of accessories given are not bad, too. I myself am not a big fan of the Fate series as I've said before, but the bunch of characters there are interesting to me, especially Mashu Kyrielite the Shielder kouhai. I heard she had recently received figma treatment... but I don't think I'll be interested.

Anyways, keep in mind that figmas are not for everyone. For beginners, I'd suggest to pick the characters that you like so much only, or else you'll regret it. Because figmas are not like Gunpla models, their pricings are higher than most Gunpla models. Although most of their current prices are equivalent to larger MGs such as Providence Gundam.

And this question that may bug you. Do you want to buy this? If you have the cash, pretty much yes. Recommended for Fate fans. I myself am not, but Rin had charmed me and I just have to get the damn figma.


And that's pretty much it for the review, as always see you next time.

-Fin

Comments

Popular Posts